Homelessness is a complex issue but it can be solved when communities and agencies work together; when people work together.
Welcome to The People's Project
We are leading a community-wide response to help people get the services they need, with housing being the first priority.
Many organisationshave put up their hands to be part of the solution.
Together, we're working with homeless people to connect them with accommodation, income, employment, health and other services in their communities that will support them to live independently.
Together, we can end homelessness.
Our Christmas hours
We will be closed from Friday, 22 December 2017, reopening at 10am on 15 January 2018.
During this time, the following organisations may be able to assist you.
- If you have an emergency, please call 111 for emergency services - police, ambulance and fire.
- In a mental health emergency, you can call the Community Mental Health Crisis team on 0800 50 50 50.
- If you need emergency housing, you can contact:
- Hamilton Christian Night Shelters - 021 243 3640
- Women’s Refuge - 0800 733 843.
- Work and Income (WINZ) - 0800 559 009 - open as usual except for public holidays.
- Housing NZ - 0800 673 468 - open as usual except for public holidays.
- Citizens Advice Bureau (07) 839 0395 for general enquiries.
- Tui Medical Central in Victoria St will be closed from 24 December and will re-open on 9 January 2018.
- Both Davies corner and Rototuna medical centres will be open, including weekends. There will be a charge.
- Davies Corner - (07) 855 5370
- Rototuna - (07) 852 5377.